as stated below for use of the services (hereinafter stated as the “Services”), such as programs,
browsing, and searching, for CLEO-PR/ISOM/ODF Organizing Committees, which are
the services provided by the .
In order to use the Services, it is necessary for the user to consent in advance to the Terms stated below.
At the time when the user uses the Services, it will be deemed that the user agreed to all of the provisions stated in the Terms. Notices, rules, and detailed rules, irrespective of their name, that are posted on a site on which the Services are provided are to constitute a portion of the Terms. In the event that the content of such a notice etc. conflicts with a clause of the Terms, the Terms will be given priority.
The Terms may be changed based on the judgment of the . Please check the most recent version of the Terms.
The Services have introduced Atlas Co., Ltd.’s Confit Publication (https://about-confit.atlas.jp/). The user of the Services is to bear to Atlas Co., Ltd., limited to what does not conflict with the provisions of this agreement, the obligations and responsibilities that have been stipulated in the Terms, and the user is to exempt Atlas Co., Ltd. from liability.
Article 1: Definition and registration of users
- The Services’ users collectively refer to registered users and guest users.
- A registered user is an individual or corporation that conducted user registration for the Services by using the . A registered user can use the Services within a different scope set by the for each registered user.
- A guest user is an individual who can use services within the scope in which it is possible to use the services without completing the user registration stipulated in Article 1.2.
- The registered user is to bear liability for the content of all of the registered user’s registered information.
- A registered user can change its own registered information at any time.
Article 2: Matters to note for use
- The user is to be able to use the Services within the scope that the permitted for the individual user.
- A registered user is to manage and store the login ID and password that are necessary for use at the user’s own liability, and even in the event of the theft, loss, unauthorized use, or use by a third party without permission, the is not to bear any liability whatsoever for such damage.
- In the event that, based on the judgment of the , the functions for schedule registration for a lecture, information about clicking “like,” or comments for a lecture will be used under the policy of sharing with other users, the registered user’s schedule registration for sessions and lectures, information about clicking “like,” and posted data for comments that have been registered in the Services will be shared with other users.
- In a case of using the Services’ smartphone application (iOS or Android), some of the Services’ functions rely on the smartphone’s functions, and therefore, depending on the smartphone that is used, there may be cases in which functions do not operate normally or cases in which a problem arises. The user is to use the Services after consenting to the fact that the will not bear guarantees or liability for any damage that arises as a result of such a case.
- In a case of using the Services’ on-demand videos or electronic posters (including electronic presentation slides), depending on the settings of the terminal or network used, there may be cases in which something does not operate normally or cases in which a problem arises. The user is to use the Services after consenting to the fact that the will not bear guarantees or liability for any damage that arises as a result of such a case.
- There are cases in which packet communication fees will arise for access from a computer or portable terminal in association with use of the Services, and the user is to bear such communication fees.
Article 3: About personal information
- Personal information is to be appropriately handled based on the ’s Personal Information Protection Policy.
- The will provide personal information to a party consigned with work for the provision of the Services after concluding a confidentiality agreement.
- The user’s personal information will not be disclosed to parties other than cooperating companies
that have concluded a confidentiality agreement, or in cases other than those stipulated in the Personal
Information Protection Policy, without the user’s agreement. Provided, however, that personal information may be disclosed in a case below.
- A case in which the has rationally judged that disclosure is necessary based on a law or ordinance
- A case in which it is necessary in order to protect a person’s life, body, or property, and it has been judged that it is difficult to obtain the relevant person’ agreement
- A case in which it is particularly necessary in order to improve public health or promote the sound upbringing of children, and it has been judged that it is difficult to obtain the relevant person’ agreement
- A case in which it is necessary to cooperate with the performance of clerical work stipulated in a law or ordinance that will be conducted by a national government organization, a local public organization, or a party that received consignment from such an organization, and it has been judged that there is a possibility that obtaining the relevant person’s agreement will hinder the performance of the relevant clerical work
- A case in which the entity of a service was changed because of a merger or another reason and it was judged that it is necessary to transfer control of personal information in order to continue the service
Article 4: Copyrights and other intellectual property rights
- Unless there are other stipulations in a notice etc., the programs, photographs, and other intellectual property rights in the Services will attribute to the , the business that operates the event, the party that planned the session, the presenter, or the exhibitor. In addition, editing copyrights related to this site’s layout or design will attribute to Atlas Co., Ltd. The user can use the relevant information, limited to cases in which it will be used for personal purposes.
- The user is to declare and guarantee to the that the user has the lawful rights for posting or otherwise sending posted data and comments and that posted data and comments do not infringe third parties’ rights.
- The user is to agree not to exercise the moral rights of an author against the or a person who succeeded or was licensed rights from the .
Article 5: Prohibited matters
When the user uses the Services, the prohibits the actions by the user that fall under an item below or that have a possibility of falling under an item below.
- Actions that violate the Terms or a law or ordinance
- Actions that go against public order and morals
- Actions that will lead to a criminal action or actions of recommending or promoting a criminal action
- Actions of libeling or slandering another user or a third party or actions that create a disadvantage for another user or a third party
- Actions that infringe a copyright or other intellectual right of the or a third party
- Actions that infringe the assets or privacy of the or a third party
- Actions that create a disadvantage for the or a third party
- Actions of libeling or slandering the or a third party
- Actions of registering a falsehood for information entered in the use of the Services
- Actions of dishonestly using a login ID or password
- Actions that fall under having a third party use the user’s or another registered user’s ID or password, or loaning, transferring, changing the name of, or buying or selling such an ID or password
- Actions of pretending to be another person
- Actions of using a dishonest action to attack the Services or actions of deliberately placing a burden on the system of the Services
- Dishonest actions of intentionally influencing operation of the Services
- Actions for which a monetary interest arises
- Actions of invitation for an organization, service, or activity that is not related to the Services
- Actions of conducting advertisement, publicity, or invitation to a third party without permission from the
- Other actions that will be judged as inappropriate based on conventional wisdom
- Other actions that the judges as inappropriate
Article 6: Suspension of the Services
- In a case that falls under any of the items below, the is to be able to suspend
or interrupt all or a portion of the Services without notifying registered users in advance.
- A case in which inspection or maintenance work for a computer or system related to the Services will be conducted regularly or urgently
- A case in which a computer or communication line stopped because of an accident
- A case in which operation of the Services has become impossible because of force majeure, such as a fire, power outage, or natural disaster
- A case in which there has arisen, for an external affiliated service, a problem, interruption, or suspension of the service, suspension of an affiliation with the Services, or a change in the specifications
- Another case in which the has judged that suspension or interruption is necessary
- The can, based on the ’s circumstances, end provision of the Services.
- The is not to bear any liability whatsoever for damage incurred by the user based on measures taken by the based on this article.
Article 7: Disclaimer
- The is not to bear any liability whatsoever for damages incurred by the user or a third party because provision of the Services is delayed or interrupted, irrespective of the reason.
- The is not to bear any liability whatsoever in relation to damage that arises because of the user’s registration for the Services or because of refusal of registration or deletion of registration.
- The is not to bear any liability whatsoever for the accuracy or suitability for a specific purpose of information obtained through provision of the Services.
- Even in the event that damage arises because of information obtained through provision of the Services, the is not to bear any liability whatsoever.
- In the event that a dispute arises between the user and another user or another third party in relation to information or a service that is provided through the Services, the user is to resolve the dispute at the user’s own expenses and liability and is not to cause damage to the .
- The is not to bear any liability whatsoever in relation to the user’s actions that inconvenience another user or another third party.
- The is not to bear any liability whatsoever for problems that arise in association with disclosure of a registered user’s registered information based on Article 3.3.
- In the event that a registered user’s action (all actions of sending by the registered user in relation to the Services, including posting information, making comments, and sending private messages) of sending information in the Services falls under any matter of Article 5, or in the event that the has judged that there is a possibility of an action falling under one of those matters, the can delete posted data, temporarily suspend use of the Services for that registered user, or delete registration as a registered user without notifying the registered user in advance. The will not bear any liability whatsoever for damage incurred by the registered user because of measures implemented by the based on this clause.
Article 8: Damage compensation
In the event that the Terms are violated, the will have the violating party provide compensation for the damage that arises for the .
Article 9: Deletion of registration
In the event that a registered user falls under any of the reasons of each of the items below, the can, without giving notification or a demand in advance, delete posted data or temporarily suspend use of the Services for that registered user, or delete registration as a registered user or cancel the Service Use Agreement.
- A case in which any clause of the Terms has been violated
- A case in which there is no response, for thirty days or more, to an inquiry from the or other contact requesting a reply
- Another case in which the has judged that use of the Services, registration as a registered user, or continuation of the Service Use Agreement is not appropriate
Article 10: Collection of user information
The Services collect referrers, server access logs, and cookie information. Such information will be used in order to handle user authentication, traffic measurement, behavior measurement, and violations. It is possible for the user of the Services to use the settings of the browser that is used to refuse acceptance of cookie information, but there is a possibility that refusal will make it impossible to use a portion of the Services.
Article 11: Governing laws and jurisdiction
The laws of Japan will be the governing laws for the Services, and the Tokyo District Court or the Tokyo Summary Court will be the court of exclusive jurisdiction in the first instance for all disputes that arise in relation to the Services.
Article 12: Resolution by discussion
In the event that a matter that is not stipulated in the Terms or a question about interpretation of the Terms has arisen, both parties are to follow the principle of good faith to conduct discussion and strive to promptly resolve the matter.