Terms of Service
The 71st Divisional Meeting of Division of Colloid and Surface Chemistry Online Service (hereinafter referred to as 'this service') is a service provided by Division of Colloid and Surface Chemistry which support search and management of conference programs. To use this service, all the users of this service are required to consent to this Terms of Service (hereinafter referred to as 'TOS'). By using or accessing this service, you are considered as agreed to this TOS. Instructions, Rules and Regulations written in this service are considerable fraction of this TOS. However, in case any instructions conflict with this TOS, TOS prevails. Since this TOS could be revised when considers a change, please always refer to the latest version.
a) This agreement was written in Japanese. To the extent any translated version of this agreement conflicts with the Japanese version, the Japanese version controls.
b) This website and smartphone application is provided by ‘Confit Publication’, a service of Atlas co. ltd. (http://confit.atlas.jp)
1: User and Registration
- The term 'user(s)' of this service is the general term for registered users and guest users.
- Registered users are individuals or exhibitors who entered and sent information required for user registration and then approved by . Users are able to use this service within the range of each license set by .
- Guest users are individuals who utilize this service without registration.
- Users who wish to use this service can ask for registration by approving TOS and by providing certain information requires for registration in a way we provide.
- Registered users are responsible and liable for the personal information they provided.
- Registered users can change their personal information anytime.
2: Precautions for Use
- Users are able to use this service within the range of each license conferred by .
- Registered users should keep and manage their email addresses and passwords on their own responsibility. We, , assume no responsibility for the loss or damage caused by the lost, theft or misuse of the email addresses or/and passwords by third parties.
- When adopts a policy in which users are required to share their information such as schedules, bookmarks by "Like", and comments to presentations, that information of registered users will be shared among other users.
- Users who access the service via smartphone app (iOS, Android) may encounter errors or problems while using the service since some of the functions of the service are dependent on the function of smartphones. Users must approve before start using this service that we, , assume no
- Users may be charged communication fees by communication service providers when using this service via PCs or mobile phones and users should bear those charges by themselves.
3: Personal Information
- shall provide personal information to cooperative enterprises who handles this service under the term of non-disclosure agreement.
- does not disclose personal information of users to third parties besides
cooperative enterprises with which signed a non-disclosure agreement, except for the cases stated below:
- Cases in which reasonably judges that it is necessary to disclose personal information in accordance with laws and ordinances.
- Cases in which the disclosure of personal information is urgently required for the protection of the life, body, or property of an individual and in which we judge it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person.
- Cases in which the handling of personal information is specially necessary for improving public health or promoting the sound growth of children and in which we judge it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person.
- Cases in which the handling of personal information is necessary for cooperating with a state organ, a local government, or an individual or a business operator entrusted by either of the former two in executing the affairs prescribed by laws and regulations and in which obtaining the consent of the person is likely to impede the execution of the affairs concerned.
- Cases in which the service provider changes as a result of merger or otherwise, and we judge it is necessary to transfer personal information in order to continue this service.
4: Copyrights and other intellectual property rights
- The intellectual property rights for programs or pictures in this service belong to , organizing suppliers, session planners of the events, presenters or exhibitors, while copyrights for layouts and design of the sites belong to Atlas Co.,Ltd. Only private use of the information is permitted for users.
- The user hereby represents and warrants to that it has lawful rights to submit or otherwise transmit the submitted data, and that the submitted data does not infringe any third party's rights.
- The user hereby agrees not to exercise moral rights against or any other person who succeeded to the same from or a licensee thereof.
Upon the use of this service, prohibit the acts of users which do or may fall under the prohibitions stated below.
- Acts against the TOS or laws and ordinances
- Acts against public order and morals
- Acts results in or recommend/encourage criminal acts
- Acts of slander against other users or third parties or ones can cause disadvantage to others
- Acts of infringement of copyrights or intellectual property rights of or others
- Acts of infringement of property or privacy of or others
- Acts which can give disadvantage to or others
- Acts of slander against or others
- False registration of information upon the use of our service includes user registration
- Misuse of login IDs or passwords
- Acts of letting IDs/passwords of oneself or other registered users use by others by loan, transfer, name change as well as buying and selling them.
- Acts of spoofing
- Acts of attacking this service, or deliberately place a load on the system of this service
- Wrongful acts which deliberately affect the operation of this service
- Acts which can produce financial interests
- Solicitation activities for organizations, services, activities which have nothing to do with this service
- Acts of advertisement, publicity, or solicitation toward third parties without 's permission
- Other inappropriate acts under socially accepted conventions
- Other acts that deems to be inappropriate
6: Suspension/Stoppage of Service
- may stop or suspend providing all or part of this service without advance notice to registered users in the cases below:
- In case is required to do periodic or emergent inspection or maintenance of computer system related to this service
- In case computer or communication line is stopped because of an accident
- In case is unable to continue operating this service due to an act of God beyond our control such as fire, power failure or other natural disasters
- In case linked services outside of this service suffer a trouble, stoppage or suspension of service, or a lost linkage to this service or a change in specification
- In other cases in which judged that the stoppage or suspension of this service is needed
- may stop providing this website or smartphone application in its own decision.
- assumes no responsibility for damages caused by actions it takes in accordance with this article.
- , whatever the reason may be, assumes no responsibility for the damages users or third parties may suffer as a result of delay or suspension of this service.
- assumes no responsibility for the damages users or third parties may suffer as a result of registration, or refusal or cancellation of registration to this service.
- assumes no responsibility for the accuracy or the fitness, for a particular purpose, of the information we acquire through this service.
- assumes no responsibility for the damages users or third parties may suffer caused by the information they obtained from this service.
- Users of this service shall resolve dispute between users or users and third parties, which arises with regard to the information or contents of this service, by their own responsibility and expense and shall never cause damages to .
- assumes no responsibility for the harmful activities such as nuisances by an user of this service towards another user or a third party.
- assumes no responsibility for the troubles users or third parties may suffer on the disclosure of personal information of registered users pursuant to the third clause of Article 3 of TOS.
- may delete data submitted by a registered user, or suspend the use of the service by the user, or delete the registration of the user without advance notice when transmission of information (data, comment, private message submission and all user actions are included) by the user falls, or judges it may fall, under any of the items of Article 5. assumes no responsibility for the damages users may suffer caused by the measures we take based on this clause.
If a user of this service violates this TOS, the user shall compensate for the damages it caused.
9: Registration Cancellation
may delete user’s submitted data, temporarily suspend their use, cancel the user's registration or terminate the service agreement without advance notice to registered users, in the cases below:
- Acts against the TOS
- No Response, for more than 30 days, from a registered user whom requires their respondence
- Other acts that deems to be inappropriate for service continuance.
10: Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
This service shall be based upon the laws of Japan, and in the event of any dispute between the parties hereto regarding or arising out of this service, the Tokyo District Court, or the Tokyo Summary Court shall have the sole jurisdiction of first instance to the exclusion of all other courts that may otherwise have had jurisdiction.
Any matter not stipulated in this TOS, or any doubt arising with respect to any provision of this TOS, shall be promptly resolved upon mutual consultation in good faith between and users.
Effective: Jul 18, 2006
Revised: Feb 15, 2020