6:15 PM - 7:30 PM
[O01-P04] The School Emergency Educational Support Program making use of Geopark work
Keywords:Geopark, Disaster prevention, School, Learning program, Education, Volcano
From 2014, Geopark workers (hometown section) have provided methodical learning programs on science and emergency for elementary and junior high schools. They have started teaching about volcanoes and emergencies as well. It is excepted to improve the ability of teachers.
Although lectures about volcanoes and emergencies were programmed into the education course, we still have some problems. We have to determine a purpose of the programs and then find the best way to teach into the education course. This will help students continue to learn.
It is not easy to secure two hours in a school curriculum for activities like the study in the Volcano Museum. But the importance of emergency education and safety education has been accepted by the board of education. Those educational activities can be programmed into the education course. The terms below made it possible.
1. The mayor recognizes the Geopark as a part of his measures and supports it.
2. A school principal takes part in the Geopark committee and there is a section of the Geopark in the principal committee.
3. The head of the Izu-Oshima volcano disaster measures office has a concrete guiding principle, a methodology, and has appealed and showed details.
4. After the activities, we reviewed them. Some of the opinions given were"Good"or "Necessary".These opinions supported our cause.
5. The Tokyo Metropolitan Government supported our activities. This made it possible to make a study tour of the barrier to control soil erosion and to improve awareness of disasters.
6. The disaster was tragic, but it increased awareness of disaster prevention.
The purpose of the Geopark education in the school curriculum is"To learn Oshima through the scientific factors and disaster prevention."
We have to improve our awareness of disaster prevention. It is also useful to be aware of protecting Oshima and its peaceful life. It is necessary that we love Oshima more, that we know about the disaster prevention, and that we live in peace in Oshima. Therefore, we would like to continue our activities as a Geopark.
The posters we made show the details about the programs of the school disaster prevention support system.