10:15 AM - 10:30 AM
[G03-06] Study tour program in Fukushima Hamadori area, based on “geo” and “energy” perspectives
Keywords:2011 East Japan Earthquake and Tsunami Disaster , nuclear disaster, citizen awareness, field excursion, geological resources, renewable energy
We are planning a study tour program for the following reason, which focus on “geo (geoscience and geography)” and “energy” in Hamadori area (coast area of Fukushima, specially affected region by the nuclear accident).
(1) 2011 events are highly important phenomena which have many things to learn in earth science.
(2) Public awareness regarding the domestic coal field in Joban area and its impact are very little.
(3) Civilization cannot continue without electricity, but we are ignorance and indifferent to source of electric energy. There are various types of power generation method in Hamadori area.
(4) The sense of geological timescale is required to manage the radiation contamination and large quantities of radioactive wastes.
(5) Joining the subject between “geo” and “energy” is suitable and reasonable.
Our latest itinerary is as follows:
Industrial heritage in the Joban Coal Field - coal-fired power station - small hydroelectric generation by Energy Service Company (ESCO) – Shionohira fault (surface earthquake fault in the Fukushima Hamadori earthquake) - temporary housing in Iwaki City - coastal topography and tsunami disaster – reconstruction and restricted areas - related facility of offshore wind farm – a mega solar power plant.
In JpGU presentation, we will introduce the outline of the tour and the reaction of participants.