[MIS12-P04] Rock collapse at the place being visited for Geopark activities and the measures taken after this incident
- Case of the Sawasaki Coast, Ogi Peninsula, Sado Island -
Keywords:Sado Island, geopark, geotourism
Although there was no injurie due to this accident, the Sawasaki coast is the place frequently used for guided tours and concrete measures against falling rocks became necessary.
For this reason, the following measures have been implemented.
1. Indication of caution at the site by the Cultural Property Office
2. Attention awakening by e-mails and documents to the member of Sado Geopark Guide Association
3. Hearing from local residents
4. Recommendation of wearing a helmet when the geopark guide goes to this place
In addition, the Sado Geopark Guide Association will take up this place as one of the field study courses at the Niigata Area Geopark Opinion Exchange Meeting which will be held in March 2018, and will hear opinions from the guides of each geopark.
In this presentation, we will introduce how we worked on this kind of case, the incident at the place where we are using as point of interests of Geopark.