4:45 PM - 5:00 PM
[SGL29-11] Discussion on Mud Volcano studies
Keywords:mud volcano, Fluid migration , original depth/ place/ materials
The following contents may be suggested:
- crosscutting question and answers to presentations in this session.
- Scientific interests, targets, prospective results, etc. of mud volcano studies in each research field.
- Relationship with a “cold seepage” and mud volcanism, the frequently observed with mud volcanism in ocean. Possible collaboration with the cold seepage studies.
- Relationship with a “intrusion” which often observed in outcrops on land.
- How to progress research and development to know undiscovered mud volcano, cold seepage, intrusion on land and also in ocean. A plan to gain research funds.
- Cruise plan to investigate mud volcano in ocean. Discussion on teaming, study theme, and target areas and techniques.
- Sharing status on mud volcano studies on Mars. A possible contribution to studies on Mars from our mud volcano studies on Earth.
- Status on competition and/or collaborative relationship with abroad mud volcano communities, and their study plans.
- Discussion on the “mud volcano session” in a present situation and in future.
Any other suggestions are welcome.