Terms of Service
'Confit Publication'(hereinafter referred to as 'this service') is a
service provided by Atlas co. ltd (hereinafter referred to as
'Atlas’') which support management of academic congresses or
conferences as well as exhibitions or various events. To use this
service, all the users of this service are required to consent to
this Terms of Service (hereinafter referred to as 'TOS'). By using
or accessing this service, you agree to this TOS.
NOTE: This agreement was written in
Japanese. To the extent any translated version of this agreement
conflicts with the Japanese version, the Japanese version
1: User and Registration
- The term 'user(s)' of this service is the general term
for registered users and guest users.
- Registered users are individuals who entered and
sent information required for user registration and then
approved by Atlas, or exhibitors who are approved by the society
or the exhibition organizer . Users are able to use this service
within the range of each license set by Atlas or the organizer.
- Guest users are individuals who utilize this service
- Users who wish to use this service can ask Atlas for
registration by approving TOS and by providing certain
information Atlas requires for registration in a way we provide.
- Registered users are responsible and liable for the
personal information they provided.
- Registered users can change their personal information
2: Precautions for Use
- Registered users should keep and manage their email
addresses and passwords on their own responsibility. We, Atlas,
assume no responsibility for the loss or damage caused by the
lost, theft or misuse of the email addresses or/and passwords by
- When the organizer of the congress or exhibition adopts a
policy in which users are required to share their information
such as schedules, bookmarks by “Like”, and comments to
presentations, that information of registered users will be
shared among other users. Meanwhile, the data Atlas acquires
from users through this service shall be handled appropriately
in compliance with the “Data
Use Policy” , stipulated separately.
- This service depends a part of the management feature of
registered users on Facebook and thus there may be the case that
users become unable to use this service when the user become
unable to use Facebook. Users must approve before start using
this service that we, Atlas, assume no responsibility for the
loss or damage caused by the case stated above. Besides, we
guarantee nothing in relation to Facebook.
- Users who access the service via smartphone app (iOS,
Android) may encounter errors or problems while using the
service since some of the functions of the service are dependent
on the function of smartphones. Users must approve before start
using this service that we, Atlas, assume no responsibility for
the loss or damage caused by the case stated above.
- Registered users shall agree that Atlas will hold the
information registered by users based on the basic account
information on Facebook, even after Atlas stop using Facebook
Platform or Atlas is suspended from using Facebook Platform.
- Users may be charged communication fees by communication
service providers when using this service via PCs or mobile phones
and users should bear those charges by themselves.
If a user wish to withdraw from this service, he/she can do
it by cancelling his account in Account Settings for registered
users. After a user withdraw from this service, all the data, such
as submission data and account information are cleared out and
never be restored, and he/she loses all the rights and capability
in this service. However, his/her schedules, bookmarks with
“Like”, and comments to presentations are remain is the system
since they are necessary for this service, although other users
cannot see his/her information via them.
4: Personal Information
- Atlas shall handle personal information of users properly
in compliance with our 'Privacy
- Atlas does not disclose personal information of users to
third parties besides cooperative enterprises with which Atlas
sighed a non-disclosure agreement, except for the cases stated
- Cases in which Atlas reasonably judges that it is
necessary to disclose personal information in accordance
with laws and ordinances.
- Cases in which the disclosure of personal information
is urgently required for the protection of the life, body,
or property of an individual and in which we judge it is
difficult to obtain the consent of the person.
- Cases in which the handling of personal information
is specially necessary for improving public health or
promoting the sound growth of children and in which we judge
it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person.
- Cases in which the handling of personal information
is necessary for cooperating with a state organ, a local
government, or an individual or a business operator
entrusted by either of the former two in executing the
affairs prescribed by laws and regulations and in which
obtaining the consent of the person is likely to impede the
execution of the affairs concerned.
- Cases in which the service provider changes as a
result of merger or otherwise, and we judge it is necessary
to transfer personal information in order to continue this
5: Copyrights and other intellectual property rights
- The intellectual property rights for programs or pictures
in this service belong to the organizers, organizing suppliers,
or the session planners of events, while copyrights for layouts
and design of the sites belong to Atlas. Only private use of the
information is permitted for users.
- The user hereby represents and warrants to Atlas that it
has lawful rights to submit or otherwise transmit the submitted
data, and that the submitted data does not infringe any third
- The user hereby agrees not to exercise moral rights
against Atlas or any other person who succeeded to the same from
Atlas or a licensee thereof.
Upon the use of this service, Atlas prohibit the acts of
users which do or may fall under the prohibitions stated below.
- Acts against the TOS or laws and ordinances
- Acts against public order and morals
- Acts results in or recommend/encourage criminal acts
- Acts of slander against other users or third parties or
ones can cause disadvantage to others
- Acts of infringement of copyrights or intellectual
property rights of Atlas or others
- Acts of infringement of property or privacy of Atlas or
- Acts which can give disadvantage to Atlas or others
- Acts of slander against Atlas or others
- False registration of information upon the use of our
service includes user registration
- Misuse of email addresses or passwords
- Acts of letting IDs/passwords of oneself or other
registered users use by others by loan, transfer, name change as
well as buying and selling them.
- Acts of spoofing
- Acts of attacking this service, or deliberately place a
load on the system of this service
- Wrongful acts which deliberately affect the operation of
- Acts which can produce financial interests
- Solicitation activities for organizations, services,
activities which have nothing to do with this service
- Acts of advertisement, publicity, or solicitation toward
third parties without Atlas's permission
- Other inappropriate acts under socially accepted
- Other acts that Atlas deems to be inappropriate
7: Suspension/Stoppage of Service
- Atlas may stop or suspend providing all or part of this
service without advance notice to registered users in the cases
- In case Atlas is required to do periodic or emergent
inspection or maintenance of computer system related to this
- In case computer or communication line is stopped
because of an accident
- In case Atlas is unable to continue operating this
service due to an act of God beyond our control such as
fire, power failure or other natural disasters
- In case linked services outside of this service
suffer a trouble, stoppage or suspension of service, or a
lost linkage to this service or a change in specification
- In other cases in which Atlas judged that the
stoppage or suspension of this service is needed
- Atlas may stop providing this service in its own
decision. In this case, Atlas shall announce it to registered
users in advance.
- Atlas assumes no responsibility for damages caused by
actions it takes in accordance with this article.
- Atlas, whatever the reason may be, assumes no
responsibility for the damages users or third parties may suffer
as a result of delay or suspension of this service.
- Atlas assumes no responsibility for the damages users or
third parties may suffer as a result of registration, or refusal
or cancellation of registration to this service.
- Atlas assumes no responsibility for the accuracy or the
fitness, for a particular purpose, of the information we acquire
through this service.
- Atlas assumes no responsibility for the damages users or
third parties may suffer caused by the information they obtained
from this service.
- Users of this service shall resolve dispute between users
or users and third parties, which arises with regard to the
information or contents of this service, by their own
responsibility and expense and shall never cause damages to
- Atlas assumes no responsibility for the harmful
activities such as nuisances by an user of this service towards
another user or a third party.
- Atlas assumes no responsibility for the troubles users or
third parties may suffer on the disclosure of personal
information of registered users pursuant to the second clause of
Article 4 of TOS.
- Atlas may delete data submitted by a registered user, or
suspend the use of the service by the user, or delete the
registration of the user without advance notice when
transmission of information by the user falls, or Atlas judges
it may fall, under any of the items of Article 6. Atlas assumes
no responsibility for the damages users may suffer caused by the
measures we take based on this clause.
If a user of this service violates this TOS, the user shall
compensate Atlas for the damages it caused.
10: Registration Cancellation
Atlas may, without prior notice or demand, delete the
submitted data, or temporarily suspend the use by the registered
user of the service, cancel the registered user's registration as
such or terminate the service agreement, in the event of any of
- The registered user failed to comply with any of
- The registered user has not responded to inquiries from
Atlas or other communications requiring its response for 30 days
- In addition to the foregoing, if Atlas determined that it
is inappropriate for the registered user to use the service,
maintain its registration as a registered user, or have the
service agreement remain in effect.
11: Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
This service shall be based upon the laws of Japan, and in
the event of any dispute between the parties hereto regarding or
arising out of this service, the Tokyo District Court, or the
Tokyo Summary Court shall have the sole jurisdiction of first
instance to the exclusion of all other courts that may otherwise
have had jurisdiction.
Any matter not stipulated in this TOS, or any doubt arising
with respect to any provision of this TOS, shall be promptly
resolved upon mutual consultation in good faith between Atlas and
Effective: October 1, 2012
Revised: April 1, 2013
Revised: April 8, 2013
Revised: August 28, 2013
Revised: October 25, 2013
Revised: February 3, 2014
Revised: July 14, 2014
Revised: November 24, 2015