Response to the New type of Coronavirus (COVID-19) infection at the 2020 Spring Meeting, JIM Part 3 (Notice of cancellation)(update Feb.28)
The Japan Institute of Metals and Materials has decided to cancel the 2020 Spring Meeting (March 17-19, Tokyo Institute of Technology) in light of the health and safety of members and participants first, and in view of the spread of new types of coronavirus (COVID-19) infections. We apologize for the inconvenience of speakers and participants, but we appreciate your understanding. The Spring Meeting of the Iron and Steel Institute of Japan to be held at the same time has also been canceled.
1. The 2020 Spring Meeting and all accompanying events have been canceled.
2. Oral presentations (including poster presentations) and questions and answers will not be held due to cancellation of the Meeting. However, since the abstract of presentation will be published on the Website on March 3, the content of the presentation will be publicized, so the presentation at this Meeting will be completed. As a result, it can be cited in other research papers and described in the research achievement list. In addition, the exception of loss of novelty of an invention based on Article 30 (1) of the Patent Act applies.
3. The presentation is deemed to have been approved, and the password for downloading the abstracts of presentation has been sent to participants by e-mail. Therefore, the participation fee and the presentation charge will not be refunded. However, since the banquet is not held, the banquet fee paid separately from the participation fee will be refunded.
4. If you are an applicant for presentation and have not paid the participation fee and the presentation charge yet, please pay immediately.
5. We will not bear any expenses such as transportation and accommodation cancellation fees due to cancellation of the Meeting.
For inquiries, please contact the person in charge of the Meeting by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please note that we cannot respond to inquiries by phone.
For further information, please refer to the website of JIM (https://jim.or.jp/) and the website of the 2020 Spring Meeting (https://confit.atlas.jp/guide/event/jim2020spring/top). We will inform you by e-mail if necessary.
February 28, 2020
The Japan Institute of Metals and Materials
President Haruyuki Inui
Chair of Annual Meeting Committee Takayoshi Nakano