Call for Abstract
● 1st November 2017 12:00 noon (JST) – Online abstract submission opens
● 1st December 2017 12:00 noon (JST) – Online abstract submission closes
Abstracts MUST BE RECEIVED no later than December 1st, 12noon (Japan time), 2017. Any abstracts received after the deadline will not be accepted. We encourage you to send your abstract(s) well in advance to avoid a last minute rush!
- In order to get the ID and password to log in the system you have to make your account according to the system guide.
- All abstracts can only be submitted online via the Japanese Society of the Anesthesiologists abstract submission website as of 1st Nov 2017. Abstracts submitted by mail, fax or e-mail will NOT be accepted.
- Up to 6 authors (abstract presenter + 5 co-authors) for an abstract are allowed. The presenting author should be listed first and (s) he will also be the contact author. Only the presenter's full name will be printed in the Program Book of the meeting.
- The abstract category is the general heading under which your abstract will be reviewed and later published in the printed materials if accepted. Please choose the category which best describes the subject of your abstract. The list of the category is available here. Please note that the Scientific Committee reserves the right to decide on final category assignment upon abstract selection.
- Title should be less than 200 characters
- The abstract text should not exceed 3000 characters.
- Body of abstract: purpose of the study, methods used, summary of the results and conclusion reached.
- References should not be included in the abstract.
- One picture or simple tables may be uploaded with the abstract.
- Formulas should be avoided.
- Use standard abbreviations in parentheses after the full word the first time it appears.
To submit your abstract, please use below recommend browsers and versions.
- Microsoft Edge latest version
- Internet Explorer latest version
- Firefox latest version
- Safari latest version
- Chrome latest version
Mobile phone and tablet cannot be used to submit your abstract.
Abstract Submission Conditions
- The work in the abstract should not be published as any scientific paper or presentation at any scientific meeting before the deadline.If your abstract is accepted and published after the submission deadline please indicate that publication / presentation has been accepted after the deadline of the abstract submission on your poster.
- Studies involving animal or human subjects must be conducted according to a protocol approved by the institutional committee on ethics of human investigation or if no such committee exists, that should be conformed with the principles of the Declaration Of Helsinki of the World Medical Association (CLINICAL RESEARCH 14:193, 1966). Your presentation will be unbiased, based on the best available evidence and all elements of the presentation will be free from the control of commercial interests.
- Please include N and the result, statistics method in the abstract. Do not include facilities name in the abstract text nor a title for the peer review.
Disclosure of Conflict of Interest
In accordance with Regulation on application of approval for Conflict of Interest Policy, published in June 2010, the Japanese Society of Anesthesiologists (JSA) asks speakers at the annual meetings of the JSA, beginning in 2010, to disclose their status of Conflict of Interest. When you submit your abstract, please declare whether there are conflicts of interest among affiliated business involved in the research and a representative speaker including coauthors and co-researchers within the past three years.
Disclose your status of COI at your presentation at the annual meeting. Oral presenters must include the status into the second page of their slides. Poster presenters must indicate the status either at the beginning or the last of the poster.
Peer Review Criteria
Regarding case reports, we will accept only those abstracts describing unusual and instructive cases or successful anesthetic management of complex cases if they are truly exceptional.
Basic research and clinical research
- Contain something novelty
- Have an academic significance
- The logics consist scientifically
- Appropriate number of experiments and statistical processing
- Based on appropriate ethic
- Have a high originality
- Have a high impact on education
- The logics consist scientifically
- Based on appropriate ethic
There are three types of poster sessions: excellent abstracts, poster discussions and poster presentations. The type of presentations will be decided by reviewers and the timing of poster sessions will be confirmed when the program is finalized. Authors are required to be a presenter during the designated poster session.
You are requested to hang your poster at the designated area and present your study by slides. You have 10 minutes for presentation and 5 minutes for discussion. The most excellent poster will be selected and awarded at the congress banquet.
In front of your Poster, you have 5 minutes for presentation and 3 minutes for discussion.
You have 7 minutes for presentation and 5 minutes for discussions.
During the submission period, it can be saved, edited and revised online as many times as needed, until the submission period ends. However, it is not possible to make any corrections to the abstract content or related information (title, authors, etc.) after the submission period.
In the case of errors in the abstract discovered after the deadline, you can either withdraw the abstract or - for minor errors - may indicate the correction during the presentation at the congress. However, changes will not be included in the published version of the abstract.
Acceptance and Process
All abstracts submitted for the 65th Annual Meeting of JSA are subject to peer review within the organizing committee after abstract deadline. Each abstract will be reviewed by three reviewers. The Committee's decision and guideline of poster presentation will be notified to the submitting (corresponding) author by the middle of February in 2018 by email. Please note that only the corresponding author will receive the notification e-mail and (s)he is responsible for informing all co-authors of the status of the abstract.
If a submitted abstract must be withdrawn, a written withdrawal request must be submitted to the JSA Secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org) by e-mail originating from the presenter’s e-mail address.
This notice must clearly mention:
- Abstract submission number;
- Title and presenter’s contact data;
- Reason(s) for withdrawal of the abstract;
- Attest that all authors are in agreement that the abstract must be withdrawn.
How to Submit Abstract
1. Applications are accepted only through online via this website. You are required to make your account before submission.
2. The abstract submission system will get busy around the deadline of the submission. In order to submit your abstract successfully, it is highly recommended to complete your submission before the deadline.
Please note that you will not be able to visit the web submission system after the deadline. So keep your abstract on your side by yourself, otherwise you would not be able to check your abstract after the submission.