Welcome to SEA 2021 Conference (May 26–28, 2021; Online):
The XV World Conference of Spatial Econometrics Association (SEA 2021) was originally planned to be held in Tokyo, Japan. Due to COVID-19 outbreaks, the SEA scientific committee (Chair: Prof. Giuseppe Arbia, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart) and the local organizing committee (Chair: Prof. Yasumasa Matsuda, Tohoku University) have decided to hold SEA 2021 in an online format between May 26 and 28, 2021. Following the tradition of previous SEA conferences, we warmly welcome researchers from various fields such as spatial econometrics, spatial-temporal statistics, economic geography, regional science, and urban and regional planning.
Deadline for submission: March 1, 2021
- Extended deadline for submission: March 31, 2021
- If you would like to only present your paper, please submit an abstract (300-600 words). If you would like to submit your paper to the special issue of the Journal of Spatial Econometrics in submitting the abstract, state that explicitly.
- If you would like to apply to the Jean Paelinck prize for young researcher, please submit a full paper.
- For more details, please check "Submission" page.
- Notification of acceptance: April 10, 2021
- Deadline for registration: May 20, 2021
- Conference dates: May 26–28, 2021
- Deadline for submission to the special issue of the Journal of Spatial Econometrics: August 1, 2021
Note: Time zone of the dates above is Japan Standard Time (JST: GMT+09:00).
- Noel Cressie, University of Wollongong
- Jean Paul Elhorst, University of Groningen
- Alan E. Gelfand, Duke University
- Virgilio Gómez-Rubio, The University of Castilla-La Mancha
- Daniel A. Griffith, The University of Texas at Dallas
We intend to hold all sessions in a real time online format without video presentations. In order to facilitate your presentation, your slot in the program will be allocated by considering your research topic as well as your time zone.