Instructions for Session Chair_ISASE2021
1. Video conferencing system
We are going to use a video conferencing system, Zoom Meetings. The chair and presenter must install Zoom before the session. Use the desktop app rather than the web app (browser extension), whose lesser performance may cause interruptions.
Download Zoom: https://zoom.us/download
How to use Zoom: https://support.zoom.us/
2. How to join the sessions
Please join the session by following the steps below.
(1) Select the date of participation from the timetable menu on the left side of the page.
(2) Select the session you wish to participate in from the timetable.
(3) Clicking "Preparation", enter the password that was sent to you by e-mail on 25th February, 2021.
(4) Clicking "Click here to join the session", Zoom will be launched automatically.
(5) Set your display name for Zoom meetings.
Please follow the format "Room A/B Chair" + “your full name”. Ex. Room A Chair: Jske KANSEI
Note: Each session will be hosted by a staff member, but the chair will also have co-host privileges. The name of the staff member is displayed as "Staff_name". Please check with the presenters and staff before the session starts. The chair will have the discretion to facilitate the session. We anticipate problems such as cancellation of presentations or connection problems, but we ask you to take appropriate measures such as changing the order of presentations.
3. Before the session
You can enter the room 10 minutes before the session starts. If you connect before the host, please wait in the lobby.
Ask the presenter to test the microphone and content sharing. Test your microphone and content sharing before the start of the session.
4. At the start of the session
Please inform the participants of the following at the start of the session.
(1) Room number and session name
(2) Presentation time and bell ringing time
The allocated time for one presentation is 18 minutes. (15 minutes talk and 3 minutes discussion). The session chair will ring the bell three times, as follows;
The 1st bell: 3 minutes remaining for the talk (at 12 min.)
The 2nd bell: The end of the talk (at 15 min.)
The 3rd bell: The end of the presentation (at 18 min.)
(3) Management of the discussion
When a participant asks a question, they should use the Raise Hand function on Zoom. After being called by the chair, they may unmute their microphone and give the question along with their name and affiliation.
Please remind the participants that they also can leave their questions in the comments section of Confit. The chat function of Zoom is used for troubleshooting of the connection, so please do not use it to ask questions to the presenter. The presenter must check and answer the questions in the comments section of the Confit.
(4) Mute the microphone during the session.
Please mute and turn off your camera except during your presentation or questions. In some cases, staff members may be forced to mute it.
Please refrain from unmuting and applauding after each presentation. It may cause audio problems.
(5) Important reminder
- Please do not share the links to launch Zoom Meetings and links to conference papers on the conference website with others. Do not use screen capture software to record the session.
- The Zoom Meetings will close immediately after the session ends.
- Please note that the order of presentations may be changed due to cancellation or trouble. If there is a presentation that is cancelled in the session, the following presentations will be moved up.
5. During the session
In addition to facilitating the session, you will also be responsible for the timekeeper.
Please prepare a device that rings a bell, such as a timer app* on your smartphone or PC, and let the participants know the time through a microphone on the computer running the Zoom meetings. Please remember to unmute your microphone when ringing the bell.
Staff members in charge of all sessions are in the same room and cannot ring the bell. Therefore, we would appreciate your cooperation.
* Web app for timekeeper
Note: It is not possible to change the presentation type that is already listed in the program on the day of the conference.