July 1–31, 2021 (JST)
*Due to system maintenance, you will not be able to apply your presentation on July 8, from 21:00 to 24:00. Thank you for your understanding.
Peptides, proteins, enzymes, nucleic acids, glycans, lipids, molecular recognition, supramolecules, biological model systems, genes, DDS, and a wide range of bio-related chemistry
- Oral Presentations: 15 min presentation and 5 min questions and answers
- Poster Presentations: will be held on the first and second days of the symposium
*This symposium will be held using Zoom for both oral and poster presentations.
*Oral presentations will be given via Zoom, with a question and answer session.
*Poster presentations will be held using the Zoom breakout room.
- Please prepare a PC connected to the Internet, monitor, microphone, speakers or headphones, keyboard, mouse, etc in advance.
- Please be aware that there are various restrictions on online presentations depending on your computer environment and other factors, so please be prepared to take responsibility for your own preparations.
- Presentation materials and contents will be in a form that cannot be printed or downloaded, but screen capture and recording cannot be completely prevented. Please keep this in mind when preparing your materials.
- Online presentations at the conference are considered retransmissions by automatic public transmission. When using copyrighted materials, please make sure that there are no copyright issues. For example, please obtain permission from the copyright holder and clearly indicate the source.
(1) Molecular recognition, Supramolecules, Model systems
(2) Peptides, Proteins, Enzymes
(3) Nucleic acids
(4) Sugars, Lipids
(5) Medical biology
(6) Environmental biology
(7) Analysis, Measurement, Sensor devices
The Symposium on Biorelevant Chemistry offers awards to young researchers who have given excellent oral presentations. If you are interested in applying, please check the following before submitting your application.
(1) The award is open to Ph.D. members who are 40 years old or younger at the time of the award and have been a member of one of the divisions for at least one year.
(2) The subject of the review will be presentations that focus on the latest research results, not on the content of review lectures.
(3) Must not have received the "Symposium on Biorelevant Chemistry Presentation Award" before.
(4) Award application must be made at the time of presentation application. Please apply for an oral presentation and confirm the eligibility for the award on the presentation application site. The presentation and Q&A session can be given in either Japanese or English. Please note that only one presentation award application can be submitted per laboratory (per research group).
(5) If you have applied for the Division's Lecture Award, please send the confirmation of eligibility form as an e-mail attachment to the Symposium Secretariat (email@example.com) no later than July 31. When sending the email, please use the subject line "Confirmation of Eligibility for the Bio-Related Chemistry Division's Lecture Award" and attach the electronic data of the confirmation of eligibility. The name of the attached confirmation of eligibility should be "Confirmation of Eligibility: Presentation Application Number Presenter's Name Transmission Date" (e.g. Confirmation of Eligibility: A99 Tottori Taro 0601). Please note that your application will be automatically canceled if you do not send the confirmation of qualification by the due date.
(6) Review will be done by the judges based on the content of the online presentation and Q&A session on the day of the presentation.
(3) Must not have received the "Symposium on Biorelevant Chemistry Poster Award" before.
(5) If you have applied for the Student Poster Award, please send your nomination form for the poster award review to the symposium secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org) as an e-mail attachment no later than July 31. Please use the subject line "Nomination Form for the Poster Award at the Symposium on Biorelevant Chemistry" and attach the electronic data of the nomination form. The name of the attached nomination form should be "Nomination Form: Presenter's Name Submission Date" (e.g. Nomination Form: Hanako Tottori 0601). Please note that your application will be automatically canceled if the recommendation form is not sent by the due date.
(6) This year's review of poster presentations will be conducted by the judges based on the poster presentation and Q&A session on the day of the symposium.
(7) Judges are asked to add "Judge" to their display name in Zoom. Please give priority to the judges in your presentation. In order to ensure a smooth judging process, please try to give a brief (5-10 min) description of your research.
(1) Please use the following form to submit your presentation application.
(2) Please prepare your abstract (PDF) at the time of submission. You can save the application during the submission process. You can also replace the abstract during the submission period.
(3) If you wish to apply for the Division's Lecture Award or Student Poster Award, please select "I wish to be considered for the Division's Lecture Award" or "I wish to be considered for the Student Poster Award" when you apply.
(2) Please prepare your abstract by overwriting the template (A4, 1 page).
(3) Please convert the file to PDF format and submit it using the presentation application form above.
You will be notified of the result by e-mail by August 24.
The date of publication of the proceedings is scheduled to be September 1, 2021.
*This is the date when the information in the proceedings will become public knowledge. Note this if you are planning to file a patent application.
4-101 Koyama-Minami Tottori 680-8552