IMPORTANT NOTICE!! animal quarantine
Instructions to prevent the entry of domestic animal infectious diseases into Japan at the 5th Fatty Pig International ConferencePeople participating in the international research meeting will implement the following items before and after coming to Japan to prevent the invasion of livestock malignant infectious diseases into Japan (Okinawa).
1) Do not touch livestock for one week before entering Japan.
2) Dispose of shoes used before departure locally (preferably at the departure airport). Wash the clothes immediately before departure or immediately after arrival.
3) Do not bring livestock products or soil into Japan.
4) Before entering Japan, check and follow the notice from Japanese Animal Quarantine Service, "To prevent the entry of domestic animal infectious diseases into Japan ~Border Quarantine~ (http://www.maff.go.jp/aqs/languages/border_quarantine.html). Report to the animal quarantine counter at the airport where you entered and actively respond to quarantine.
5) Use prepared disinfection mats at the conference venues.
6) If you are planning to visit a university or research institution in Japan after the conference, you may not enter the target area for the period specified in accordance with the regulations of that institution. Access to other livestock-related facilities and contact with susceptible animals will not be permitted for at least 3 days after entering Japan.