Registration / Call for abstracts
Registration & Abstract Submission
People who are not members of the Japanese Psychological Association may apply online to attend the convention.
Members of academic societies that have a signed Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the Japanese Psychological Association (see below) may attend at the same rates as JPA members and apply to present a poster. ( Poster presentations will be held in-person.)
List of Organizations with MOUs
- American Psychological Association
- Australian Psychological Society
- British Psychological Society
- Chinese Psychological Society
- Indonesian Psychology Association
- Korean Psychological Association
- Malaysian Psychological Association
- National Academy of Psychology, India
- Psychological Association of the Philippines
- Psychological Society of South Africa
- Russian Psychological Society
- Singapore Psychological Society
- Swedish Psychological Association
- Taiwanese Psychological Association
Registration & Abstract Submission Period
|Open||April 18th, 2022|
|Deadline||August 4th, 2022(5:00 PM Japan time)|
|Open||August 5th, 2022|
|Deadline||October 11th, 2022(5:00 PM Japan time)|
|Open||April 18th, 2022|
|Deadline||May 24th, 2022(5:00 PM Japan time)|
|Open||June 23rd, 2022|
|Deadline||June 29th, 2022(5:00 PM Japan time)|
Digital Poster & Video Submission
|Open||July 29th, 2022|
|Deadline||September 2nd, 2022(5:00 PM Japan time)|
|Honorary Member / Lifetime Member||JPY 0||JPY 0|
|Regular Member / MOU Member (Regular)||JPY15,000||JPY17,000|
|Regular Member / MOU Member (Graduate student)||JPY10,000||JPY14,000|
|Non-member (Graduate student)||JPY15,000||JPY17,000|
|Non-member (Undergraduate Student)||JPY1,000||JPY3,000|
* Proceedings will be publicly available online on the 86th Annual Convention of the Japanese Psychological Association (JPA) website.
* Most of the papers in the proceedings will be in Japanese.
Please understand that refunds cannot be issued for payments received to attend the 86th Annual Convention of the Japanese Psychological Association (JPA) and related events.
However, payments will be refunded in either of the following situations:
a. None of your submitted presentations was accepted and you have decided not to attend the convention
b. After registering as a tentative member, you are selected as a speaker at the Tutorial Workshop
Call for Abstracts
Members of academic societies that have a signed Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the Japanese Psychological Association may apply to present a poster.( Poster presentations will be held in-person.)
- Theory / Method
- Social / Culture
- Clinical / Disorder
- Crime / Delinquency
- Mathematics / Statistics
- Sense / Perception
- Language / Thinking
- Emotion / Motivation
- Industry / Traffic
- Sports / Health
To be officially recognized, presentations must satisfy two requirements.
- Presentation papers and a digital poster are submitted through our registration website.
- The author presents a poster in-person(including attendance during the session).
* All papers and posters will be displayed on our virtual platform.
* A single session is 120 minutes. Presenters are expected to be in attendance for at least 60 minutes.
Format of the paper for presentation
1)In principle, papers should be organized and presented according to content under individual headings such as research objectives, methodology, results, considerations, and citations. Please ensure that your paper meets "Requirements for Scientific Papers" by referring to the JPA Publication Manual.
2) Please take care to protect personal information by avoiding representations capable of identifying individuals including collaborators (initials, place of residence, photographs, etc.).
3) If you have received approval from an ethics committee or other body, or informed consent from research subjects in the course of your research, please give clear indication to that effect.
4) Please refrain from advertising any individual or organization with which you are affiliated, and from using derogatory language.
5)If you use any copyrighted material as figures and images, etc., please clearly indicate that you have obtained permission from the rights holders.
Preparation of the manuscript
Papers should be no more than one sheet of A4 size.
Presenters should refer to the JPA Publication Manual and follow the submission template when drafting their submissions.
Please ensure that any figures or tables in your submission do not exceed 1/3 of the total page.
Please convert your file to PDF format before uploading it to the submission system.
* Before uploading a file, please check the following.
- Is it a PDF file?
- Is it less than 5 megabytes?
- Is it one (1) page?
- Are there no notes left in red text?
- Does it follow the guidelines for submission?
Notice Regarding Copyright Transfer
Convention organizers intend to make publicly available the abstracts presented at the convention. For that reason, presenters must agree to transfer copyright to the Japanese Psychological Association (Public Interest Incorporated Association) when submitting their abstracts. Please be aware that by submitting your abstracts, you are agreeing to transfer copyright to JPA. For more information, please see the submission page on the convention website.
Further details will be announced on this homepage.